No crossdresser likes to be read (identified as a man) and it’s often because of our physical giveaways. These characteristics are always with us but as we improve our feminine presentation, we think about them less and less. I’ve been out and about for almost 15 years now, although only occasionally, and hadn’t thought much about mine until I read a response to a man in an advice column who was concerned his girlfriend may be transgender (how awful!). The columnist gave this advice:
- look at her hands. If they’re big angular, it’s a male
- look if she has a bulge
- look if her head is bigger than other girls
- look if her feet are broad
- look if her jawline/chin is broad
- do her boobs/ass look like implants?
Now if you are a crossdresser or transgender person and in a relationship, you should be telling anyway. But that’s not the focus of this article. Each of these physical characteristics can also be seen on women, but not in totality, and with natal women there are most often other offsetting feminine characteristics that provide clear evidence of femaleness.
Still, you probably know a crossdresser where one of these physical characteristics is so evident that their maleness is all too known. But in each case, we can do something that minimizes these male features. Here are some of the tools at our disposal:
The more you distract from your masculine features, the more convincing – and attractive – you will look as a woman!
You can’t change the structure of your hands, of course, but the good news is that there are simple ways to downplay their size and make them look more feminine.
- Neatly groomed hands and nails are a must and be sure you have the right grooming tools.Obviously, keep your hands very clean, but also moisturize them so they are smooth and soft.
- Get a manicure but avoid nails that are too long or colors and designs that attract attention.
- Shave those hairy knuckles.
- Use jewelry to your advantage but avoid delicate jewelry and flashy rings and bracelets that call attention to your hands. Large chunky jewelry works better.
I had one beauty blogger say that most people, especially men, are flat-out mesmerized by women with big beautiful hands so perhaps a larger hand is not all that bad if you follow our tips above.
Sources: Lucile Sorella
Ok… tucking sucks but the truth is if you are pre or non opt and you want to pass you are going to have to do something to hide your penis. Most women’s clothing, even loose fitting clothes to some extent are not designed with extra room in the crotch so hopefully these tips will help make it both more comfortable and less noticeable. Using a gaff of course is the easy way but you should also consider the following from the Silly Trans Woman.
Know how to find Your inguinal canal
- Use sports tape
You can find a complete discussion on the subject of tucking in the How To section of the Library. Honestly though, you can get by with a strong pair of jockey shorts and/or pantyhose depending on your age, physique (size of penis), and clothing choices. A full skirt or an a-line dress hides a lot. One crossdresser friend uses a Depends lady panty quite successfully and fully passes.
You can’t make your head smaller but you can disguise it. These illustrated Wikihow tips can be used to your advantage. Lots of women have large heads. Find one with a head like yours and model her. But aside from that, here are some great tips for a more feminine-looking head.
- Select a wig or hairstyle suitable for your face shape. More hair in the crown gives you a longer, thinner look. Take care that your bangs are appropriate…not straight across. Select a style with long layers and side swept bangs.
- Contour your face for a thinner look including your brows.
- Draw attention to your eyes with eyeliner and mascara. Larger eyes make your face appear thinner
- Wear a hat, particularly one with a high crown
- Try some long, dangly earrings
- Choose longer necklaces, particularly statement necklaces that will draw the eye downwards pulling attention away from the width of your face.
- Go for the wider frames when choosing sunglasses and glasses
Hide those big feet by wearing the right clothes and the right shoes as shown in this Wikihow article. You’ll want to review the article for more details and illustrated examples.
- Wear flared jeans and trousers
- Avoid bottoms that highlight your calves
- Balance your feet with a wide belt
- Avoid clingy skirts.
- Draw attention to your top
- Choose heels over flats. …
- Avoid skimpy sandals. …
- Opt for shoes with blunt, rounded toes. …
- Wear heeled boots. …
- Hide your toes. …
- Wear sandals with wider straps. …
- Gravitate toward shoes with dark colors.
- Dress up your shoes
Most crossdressers and transsexuals don’t just want to look like women – they want to look like beautiful women. Unfortunately, the features of a beautiful female face don’t come naturally to most males – particularly the traits of a delicate jaw and chin.
So what if you were born with a jaw like Jay Leno? Don’t despair! There are plenty of beautiful genetic women with strong jaws and chins – just look at Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson, and Jennifer Anniston. They look great because they know how to flatter their features – and you can do it, too! FIND a woman with a face like yours
Try these four tips for disguising a manly jaw:
- Contour your face. When applying makeup, sweep a little bronzer or brownish-toned blush across your jawline and chin. This creates a shadow effect which makes strong features appear to recede.
- Choose a softening hairstyle. The purpose of a great hairstyle is to flatter your face by creating balance. Look for wigs with gentle waves that flow over the harsh angles of your face. Avoid strait hair or severe styles, as they will only make you look more manly.
- Wear the right neckline. Stay away from turtleneck or square necklines that accentuate a strong jaw. Instead, choose v-neck tops or rounded necklines to create a flattering frame for your face.
- Feminize with accessories. The right accessories can also help soften your look. Try wearing a scarf in a flattering shade around your neck – or some dangling earrings that skim over your jaw bone.
Your Boobs and Butt
Do your boobs and/or butt look like implants? Really? Who cares? It’s true that breasts with implants feel different to the touch than real breasts. Although silicone breasts feel similar to real breasts, they are still man-made and don’t feel like natural breast tissue. You’ll be more likely to notice there’s an implant in a woman who began with little breast tissue than a woman who had more breast tissue to begin with. Smaller implants and those that are placed below the muscle are harder to detect.
Still, it’s a matter of little concern since breast augmentation has been the #1 cosmetic procedure for women for over a decade. More than 5 million women in the U.S. have had breast implants up to 2010 with an 89% increase since then. There were 99,614 implants alone in 2015. Women in their 30s were the single largest group.
Special Trade, a German crossdresser shop, offers what I see as the best ever breast form for the mature woman in their Extra Elderly Breast – the breast for “girls” aged 40 plus. These breast forms have a slightly hanging shape and also the nipples are correspondingly set a bit lower down.(see below)
But it’s not only breasts, according to the 2015 report from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), butt implants and lifts are the fastest-growing types of plastic surgery in the United States..Buttock lifts, are up 252 percent (4,767 in 2015, up from 1,356 in 2000). Butt augmentations have grown to the point where women are waging an all-out assault on their asses in what is known as the Fake Butt Phenomenon. A pronounced butt is a sure sign of femininity given that males (crossdressers) almost always have flat butts.
We highly recommend padded panties or some form of butt enhancement for any crossdresser to achieve a more rounded butt. Our single most read post on this subject is Hip Pads…for that Classically Womanly Look read more than 5000 times on TG Forum. The examples prove the point. Here are some sources for padded shapewear: Herroom Hips and Curves Suddenly Fem
The Rest of the Picture
Any article on feminine presentation will always stress posture. Often the nuisances are subtle as we see in this video below. Take time in practicing each positions to get the full effect. If you really want to embrace and express your inner lady, then you have to adopt the mindset of a more traditional woman and cultivate grace, politeness and capability.
The art of being a lady takes practice, knowledge and observation. For a more complete look at the subject, check out All About Feminine Presentation in the Sister House Library.
Your Feminine Voice
Even after you master all the nuances of your physical presentation, the single largest giveaway is your voice. While it is particularly true for trans girls, any crossdresser will benefit from this easy to do voice training. My friend, Nina, has developed the Female Voice Club that will work for women around the world, of every age, in every stage of transition, who were born with all kinds of voices. If you want a beautiful voice to go with your beautiful image, then check out our voice feminization section..
This article contains affiliate links