A woman’s fashion says who she is, and it’s expressed by her style personality. Most of us lean toward one particular type of style personality, although we may sometimes wear styles that are more closely related to another.
What’s your style personality? Do you view yourself as having a classic, romantic, sophisticate, natural/casual or creative style? Your style is a reflection of who you are as a person. It is looking at the inside in order to reflect your true self on the outside. So how do you dress to show off your true style?
There are many style personality quizzes on the internet. These are the two best that I have found, Perfectly Me and My Private Stylist. Terry Ghio at Perfectly Me is perhaps a more classic approach and yields excellent results based on just 8 questions. Ann Reintein at My Private Stylist is perhaps a bit more comprehensive as it’s based on actual style selections. Take both and see what you think.
Perfectly.Me can help you determine your Style Personality and create a look book of clothes to match. Most women are a mix of 2 style personalities … One dominant style category and another sub-style. For example, you could be a Classic-Creative or Romantic-Natural.
The 5 Style Personalities are:
Style Personality: Classic
Style icons: Kate Middleton, Angelina Jolie, Eva Longoria, Dita Von Teese, Victoria Beckham
The Classic woman likes tailored, no-nonsense, timeless pieces that avoid any drama about how they dress. This woman often has a sub-style to add to the core Classic qualities. For example, Classic-Romantic or Classic-Creative.
Style Elements for the Classic Woman:
• Traditionally tailored details
• Prefers matching or highly coordinated outfits and accessories
• Jackets are very important to add power and finish
• Hairstyles are also classic cuts like a bob, never too trendy
• Refined quality fabrics and colors
• Understated and professional is the #1 goal
Click here for more information on the Classic style of dressing
Style Personality: Romantic
Style icons: Taylor Swift, Zooey Deschanel, Blake Lively, Rachel Zoe
The Romantic Personality can be a core or sub style. This woman is all about femininity and loves being a “girly-girl.” Romantic women love to wear pretty garments, accessories and dainty details. Ruffles work for some; others prefer soft prints or soft color combinations to achieve the charming-feminine look. Romantic sub style can pair with Creative or Classic for a truly unique and personal wardrobe.
Style Elements for the Romantic Woman:
• Soft, supple fabrics with flowing lines
• Lots of skirts and dresses
• Graphic floral prints and soft colors
• Antique or dainty details
• Hair and Nails done regularly
• Charming Femininity is the #1 goal
Click here for more information on the Romantic style of dressing
Style Personality: Sophisticate
The Sophisticate woman is dramatic and hip with a lot of urban flair! Black and white often shows up in her closet and she is unique, stylish but not a slave to fashion. For example, one item or detail in an outfit will stand out as unique and on trend ensuring an interesting twist.
Style Elements for the Sophisticate Woman:
• Modern, well tailored, European look
• Minimal use of color, high contrast
• Details are sleek and architectural looking
• High heels and boots with sleek, pointy toes
• Solid colors, black and white or all black predominant
• Dramatic and High Style is the #1 goal
Style Personality: Natural/Casual
Style icons: Olivia Palermo, Miranda Kerr, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Gwen Stephani, Jessica Alba, Kristen Stewart, Cameron Diaz
A Natural Styled woman loves her jeans, knits and layers. Many clothing pieces are inspired by or actual athletic wear. Dressing for comfort is the # 1 concern.
Some Natural Women find it hard to “dress up.” Solid colors and clean lines are more appealing. Simple jewelry ads polish and finishes the look. Hair is pulled back into a ponytail and the focus on makeup is minimal and a natural look is preferred.
Click here for more information on the Natural or Casual style of dressing.
Style Personality: Creative
Style icons: Vanessa Hudgens, Rooney Mara, Amber Heard, Alexa Chung, Kate Bosworth, Rihanna, Diane Kreuger, Kim Kardashian, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga
Many women add an element of Creative Personality to their core style for a truly individual look that says “I am Modern, Original and Artistic!”
Style Elements for the Creative Women:
• Unusual color combinations and interesting details
• Unique and unexpected mixing of fabrics and accessories
• Elaborate adornment
• Designer and Vintage clothing
• Bold, one of kind jewelry
• Trendy and unique is the #1 Goal
Click here for more information on the Creative style of dressing
Click here for more looks of your Style Icons
Article largely based on work of Terri Ghio at Perfectly Me. Terri says the profiles are 99.9% accurate because the answers come from your spirit or soul. It’s not necessarily what you currently wear but what you will be happiest and most comfortable in.
My Private Stylist
The best of the fashion stylists that I follow are from Australia and Ann Reintein at My Private Stylist is no exception. Her work is amazing. Your style personality is one of the key things you have to find out about yourself in order to understand your true style and buy the things that are right for YOU. When you understand your personality you will make fewer buyer mistakes and have a more consistenst style
The creators of the Private Stylist program have just launched a fun style personality quiz that you can take to help you understand your style personality better. Just go here and fill out all the questions.
Once completed you will immediately be presented with your dominant style personality type.
By sharing your email address with the creators of this quiz, you will get additional information about your type, including:
- Your style personality,
- Dominant and secondary type,
- Description of your appearance and psychological impression,
- Personality and
- The kind of clothing and accessories you like.
- You will also get more details on your hair and makeup,
- The positive and negative attributes of your specific style and
- Names of celebrities that sport a similar style as yours.
Like any other quick tests, results are not perfect, but it will guide you in the right direction.