The program for “Magic in Merida” is intended to provide you a wide range of services and activities that you can enjoy in a relaxed environment with all your new friends. The registration fee includes transportation to and from the airport or bus station, the use of the hospitality suite and it’s video presentations, services of our Spanish speaker and planner for all your events during the week and the following events
* Kickoff diner including cocktail hour and special speaker on “Life in the Yucatan” in our beautiful hotel.
* Visit to the seaside town of Progreso and the local Mayan ruins. Lunch at a picturesque seaside restaurant. Visit the local craft markets.
* Hacienda Tour of a working plantation. Ride the donkey-drawn railway and enjoy a lunch of local specialities.
* A garden party at Hacienda Misne with a fashion show if you wish and a professional photographer to take many great pics in your special dress. This is followed by attending the carnival with special seating in the VIP section for the evening show.
* Our gala dinner will be very special as it’s being held at the Blue Queen, a well known night spot with a fantastic drag show. You get to meet the performers and have their makeup artists do your own makeup. We’ll have a local well known English-speaking standup comedian perform during dinner, and after dinner, enjoy refreshments and then attend the special show during Transgender night.
The rest of the activities are optional but we have chosen them to give you a real flavor of Mexico, the Yucatan and its Mayan culture so that you may experience all that is good among these lively and fun loving people. All pricing is based on a minimum of 10 people at an average exchange rate 12 pesos to the dollar. An event may be cancelled or the price adjusted if the minimum is not met. Likewise any significant change in the exchange rate could cause a small price deviation up or down
What follows is a brief description of each event. Pricing and payment information is on the Venue tab under Payment
Visit a working plantation. One of the few remaining working hemp plantations with donkey drawn railway carts.
Kickoff Dinner incl Meet & Greet (in registration fee). A special speaker with a unique knowledge of the Yucatan will entertain you with local stories of the area.
Progreso and Dzibilchaltun. Progreso is the beach town for Merida. We will enjoy a leisurely stroll through the town, visiting local merchants, the craft market and ending with a delightful lunch at one of the better restaurants on the beach. We will also visit some local Mayan ruins on the trip to Progreso.
Casino Tour with an experienced guide. About 4 hours long.
Dinner and Fashion show with Photo Shoot at Hacienda Misne
Fantasy Day at Carnival (Merida Fairgrounds)
Tour of Mayan ruins at Uxmal. These are the most complete and unique Mayan ruins in the Yucatan
Gala Dinner and show. This is a very special event in conjunction with the Blue Queen Night Club. You will have the opportunity to meet the beautiful drag performers and visit their dressing room where skilled makeup artists will help you with dressing and makeup. We will have dinner in a lovely garden setting with entertainment by Mel Blossom, a standup comedian that will leave you laughing. Following dinner, the bar is open and you will have a special VIP section to watch the late night drag show. You are invited to participate if you so wish. Plans are underway to have an amateur fashion contest as the club has designated it Transgender Night for the local community.
Tour to Celestun to see these world famous flamingoes
City Tour An alternative if you just wish to spend a leisurely day shopping and visiting museums
Ilke Manforte Makeup. Services provided in hotel. Please signup on arrival. Full makeup or touchups.
Spanish lessons by Bessy Ponce
Dressmaker (Cecilia Dupinet) – see section on Dressmaker