From the flappers of the 1920s, to the sophisticated looks of the 1950s to the wild and wonderful boho and hippie looks of the 60s and 70s to the mash-up looks of the 2000s, we explore them all as we look at fashion in times gone by
We offer the most comprehensive and authoritative Style Guides for many of these eras (by decade) which are reprints from Vintage Dancer by Debbie Sessions, We strongly recommend that you visit Vintage Dancer for more information on both styles and a broad selection of vintage clothing. Here are our current style guides followed by many other articles of interest. Let us know what else you would like. We also offer free consulting services to those wanting to create a vintage look.
1950s Style Guide
1920s Style Guide (coming)
- The 50s...The Sock Hop and the Poodle Skirt posted on September 13, 2017.
- Women’s Fashion Every Year from 1784-2020 posted on August 7, 2017.
- The Best Era For Your Body Type posted on July 16, 2017.
- The 1950s posted on May 14, 2017.
- 1950s Fashions for Women posted on May 12, 2017.
- Looks from the Past Decades posted on May 3, 2017.
- The Perfect Body Shape Over the Last 100 Years posted on April 12, 2017.
- The Flapper in the Roaring 20s posted on August 3, 2016.
- Women's Fashion and Lifestyles in the 1920s posted on August 3, 2016.
- The 1920s posted on August 3, 2016.
The 1960s (Hippies)
The 1800s (Southern Belle)