Because we want to highlight those women in the transgender and crossdressing community that represent a stylish and elegant modern day woman. You don’t need to be Caitlyn Jenner to be stylish. Our own Stylish Crossdressers better represent our community than most headliners in the daily news, and better understand who we are.
My wife and I sat in the mall one afternoon and watched women while my wife analysed their outfits. Only about 10% could be said to be “Put Together”. And it’s not about age or body shape or your ability to pass but your ability to convey a sense of style that others immediately recognize. You know it when you see it
We have teamed with Choies, a moderately-priced but very trendy store carrying a full range of clothes, shoes, and accessories with sizes from small to 3X and a very excellent Lookbook. Their styles should resonate with many crossdressers and transgender women.
Choies is offering three prizes for the best three outfits, a gift certificate of $100 for the overall winner and two gift certificates of $50 for the runner up outfits. This is their first time to support the TG community so let’s support them and more will come down the road. If your submission includes clothes by Choies, then you may also be featured on their website. And check out their Pinterest pages too for more style ideas
All contestants will be featured in the Contest album on the Photo Wall in the Lounge and the three winners will be featured as a Style Icon in our special section in the Dressing Room.
We have recruited four outstanding and very stylish women with a fashion background to help select the winners.
Terri Lee Ryan: Author, film maker, and the creative writer behind the blog, Shades of Gender published in ChicagoNow
Phyllis Rogers: Owner of the Fantasy House and Phyllis’ Fantasies in Denver, CO
Ilke Montforte: Owner of Teens, an upscale salon in Merida, and beauty consultant to the film industry in Mexico City
Vikki LaFontaine: Officer of the Pathways support group in the New York metro area, purveyor of vintage clothing, and an all around beautiful and stylish lady.
Official Contest Rules
- The contest starts immediately and ends on Feb 28, 2016 and is subject to the terms and conditions below. Prizes are non transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- All contestants must identify as part of the trans community whether cross-dresser, transgender, transsexual, bi-gender, dual-gendered, gender queer or some other recognized term
- No photo may be photo-shopped or otherwise modified electronically to represent other than a true picture of the contestant.
- Maximum of (1) entry per person with up to (3) views, per contest. All photographs must be of the whole figure. and fully clothed. Pornographic or partially clothed photographs will be disqualified.
- THE SELECTION PROCESS : The winner will be determined by a panel of four judges. The entries will be judged on individuality (30%), fit (30%), proportion (20%) and silhouette (20%). Presentation is important. The ability to pass is not important. Note: silhouette is the line/shape of your outfit, not your body shape.
- The winners will be chosen within 15 days of the closing of the contest and will be notified by email.
- If Sister House is not able to contact a winner within five (5) days of the issuance of a notification email, the selected entry will be deemed to be null and void along with any rights to the prize and another applicant will be selected from the runner-ups. Prizes cannot be refunded and are not convertible to cash.
- All prizes are subject to availability by the supplier.
- To enter and claim a prize, a person must have attained the age of majority as of the date of the contest.
- To claim prizes, winners must contact Sister House by phone or email and may be required to provide information as to size, color or other relevant details
- By entering a contest entrants agree to be bound by and abide by the contest rules and the decisions of Sister House which shall be final and binding with respects to all aspects of the contest, including and without limitation the eligibility of entries.
- All entries automatically become the property of Sister House and will not be returned. Sister House is not responsible for any lost, misdirected or delayed entries.
- By entering a contest a contestant agrees to indemnify and hold Sister House, its suppliers, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees harmless and to release them from any and all liability, damages, or cause whatsoever , however named or decided, with respect to or arising out of participation in a contest, or the receipt or use of the prizes awarded.
- The final prizes are provided by the supplier when the prize winner has been chosen and are subject to availability. Sister House assumes no responsibility in the event that a supplier does not provide a prize. However, Sister House will attempt to take all reasonable measures to insure that a prize is made available for the winner in a timely manner. The actual prize may differ from the prize depicted.
- Sister House, its agents and assigns are not responsible for technical, internet, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind and lost or unavailable network connections, which may limit the ability to participate in a contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing entries. If for any reason (including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control Sister House, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper concluding of a contest), the contest can not be completed as described in the rules, Sister House shall have the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.
- The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations of the state of Texas. All winners will be posted on the Sister house website
HOW TO ENTER
A. If you are not already a subscriber, then visit the Sister House web site . and subscribe to the newsletter in the Entry Hall. This is required for privacy purposes and it gives you access to the photo wall..
B. Submit your photograph in jpg format with your first name, a valid email address and a description of the outfit to include when and where you would wear the outfit to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may enter up to three (3) views of your outfit. Completeness of your submission is important.
C. You must visit Choies website using this link and indicate the item code of any item that you would chose to wear. The item code is on the product page. This does not have to be your final choice.This must be included in your submission.
D. Winners will be notified by email only. All contestant photographs will be posted on the Photo Wall in the Lounge of Sister House under the album titled Style Contest 2016.
PLEASE REVIEW THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THE CONTEST. ENTRY TO THE CONTEST IS FREE AND NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, EXCEPT FOR THE STANDARD CHARGES OF YOUR INTERNET ACCESS PROVIDER. A PAYMENT OR PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.